Men often seek Ayurvedic treatment for weak reproduction due to loss of libido. A lack of desire and power can not only harm a relationship physically but also emotionally. Such a situation can be embarrassing for both partners. This can lead to dissatisfaction, stress and anxiety.
So, to start, I would like to say that Ayurveda does not eliminate any sexual problem. It helps manage problems and improve sexual well-being.
Let’s take a look at some of the Ayurvedic ingredients that have proven useful as sex tonics:
Ashwagandha is a powerful aphrodisiac and could help stress-induced male infertility by improving testosterone levels. Ashwagandha has an antioxidant property and fights against free radicals. This prevents sperm damage and death, which improves the number and quality of sperm. Thus, Ashwagandha could reduce the risk of male infertility induced by stress and improve male sexual health.
1. Ashwagandha Tablets
- Take 1–2 Ashwagandha tablets with warm milk or water.
2. Ashwagandha Capsules
- Take 1–2 Ashwagandha capsules with warm milk or water.
3. Ashwagandha Churna
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder alongside ghee, sugar, and honey daily for a month once or twice each day to enhance sperm quality.
- Or, mix 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder during a glass of warm milk.
- Drink this at bedtime.
4. Ashwagandha Tea
- In two cups of water, add a teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Boil the mixture until it reduces to 1/2 of the original quantity.
- Let it cool for some time and then add some milk and honey to it.
- Enjoy this beverage in the morning and evening.
5. Ashwagandha Milkshake
- Roast 4 tablespoons of Ashwagandha Churna in 1 cup of pure ghee.
- Add 2 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of this powder to 1 glass of cold milk to consume it.
- Blend it well
- Immediately drink for maximum benefits and taste.
- You can store this mixture in the refrigerator and use it when needed.
2. Safed Musli
- Safed Musli has spermatogenic properties and helps improve sperm quality and sperm count. It also improves testosterone levels, which further improves blood circulation to the genitals for longer erections. So, it could be effective in male infertility and other sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction
- A study indicates that Safed Musli can also be used to prevent premature ejaculation as well as to improve sperm count. Another study indicates that it improves strength and endurance. Thus, Safed Musli is used as a good aphrodisiac and a conditioner.
1. Safed Musli Churna (Powder)
- Take ½-1 teaspoon of Safed Musli Powder.
- Take it by adding in honey or lukewarm milk, two times a day.
2. Safed Musli (Extract) Capsule
- 1-2 capsule twice a day.
- Swallow it with lukewarm milk, twice a day.
- It will improve libido (sexual desire), and manage erectile dysfunction.
- Shatavari is considered to be both a general tonic and a female reproductive tonic.
- Shatavari is the main rejuvenating Ayurvedic tonic for women, as is Ashwagandha for men. Shatavari reduces general weakness and helps improve the reproductive system.
- It also improves the sexual behavior of women.
- In men, it would improve the erection and libido of the penis.
1. Shatavari Juice
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of Shatavari juice.
- Add the same quantity of water and drink it on an empty stomach.
2. Shatavari Churna
- Take ¼-½ teaspoon of Shatavari churna.
- Have it with milk or honey twice a day after taking lunch and dinner.
3. Shatavari Capsule
- Take 1-2 Shatavari capsule.
- Swallow with milk or water twice a day after taking lunch and dinner.
4. Shatavari Tablet
- Take 1-2 Shatavari tablets.
- Swallow it with milk or water twice a day after taking lunch and dinner.
5. Shatavari Syrup
- Take 1-2 teaspoon Shatavari Syrup.
- Have it once or twice a day after taking light food.
- Gokshura is considered a powerful aphrodisiac and could increase sexual desire in men. The active phytochemicals present in Gokshura improve the level of testosterone as well as the overall quality and quantity of sperm. This could help control infertility problems in men.
- The saponins present in Gokshura help manage erectile dysfunction because they strengthen penile tissue and improve penis erection. In one of the studies, Gokshura extract showed a significant increase in PCI or intracavernous pressure (a physiological marker of erectile function).
- Gokshura is said to improve libido in men and women who have low libido. It also helps boost energy and vitality.
1. Gokshura Churna
- Take ¼-½ teaspoon of Gokshura Churna.
- Take it with milk or adding it in honey, two times a day after meals.
2. Gokshura Tablet
- Take 1-2 Gokshura Tablet.
- Swallow it with water, two times a day after meals.
3. Gokshura Capsule
- Take 1-2 Gokshura Capsule.
- Swallow it with water, after meals two times a day.
4. Gokshura Kwath
- Take 4-6 teaspoons of Gokshura Kwath.
- Take it with honey or water and take it after meals two times a day.
Shilajit is used to manage male reproductive disorders. It has biologically active substance di-benzo-alpha-pyrone (DBP) which helps to increase the number of sperm. Studies indicate that Shilajit may also improve sperm motility and testosterone levels.
1. Shilajit Powder
- Take 2-4 pinch of Shilajit Powder.
- Take with lukewarm milk or add it in honey.
- Take it twice a day after meals.
2. Shilajit Capsule
- Take 1-2 Shilajit capsules.
- Take it with lukewarm milk after meals, twice a day.
3. Shilajit Tablet
- Take 1-2 Shilajit Tablets.
- Swallow it with lukewarm milk after meals, two times a day.
6) Kaunch beej
Kaunch beej works as an aphrodisiac. It has good antioxidant properties. It helps to increase the number of sperm and improve its motility. It also helps to increase the production and quantity of sperm. Some studies indicate that Kaunch beej improves sexual performance by delaying the time of ejaculation.
1. Kaunch beej (seeds) Churna or Powder
- Take 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Kaunch beej powder.
- Mix with 1 cup milk and boil it for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sugar as per your requirement.
- Have it once or twice a day after taking food.
2. Kaunch beej (seeds) Capsule
- Take 1-2 capsule of Kaunch beej.
- Swallow it with water after lunch and dinner.
3. Kaunch beej (seeds) Tablet
- Take 1-2 tablets of Kaunch beej.
- Swallow it with water after lunch and dinner.
Saffron has aphrodisiac properties due to the presence of a pigment called crocin. It could help improve sexual performance by improving testosterone secretion and sperm quality. Thus, it could be effective in managing male infertility and other sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction.
1. Saffron Threads
- Add 5-6 Saffron threads in 1 cup of warm milk.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Take it at night before going to bed.
- Don’t boil them because it may lose precious volatile oils.
2. Saffron Capsule
- Take 1 Saffron capsule twice a day with milk after taking lunch and dinner.
3. Saffron Tablet
- Take 1 Saffron tablet twice a day with milk after taking lunch and dinner.